What You Need To Know
Permanent Cosmetic treatments administered by Licensed Permanent Cosmetic Artist J.C! All Permanent Cosmetic solutions are reservation only, call to reserve at Solei & Co. Sumner (253) 750-3656
Frequently Asked Questions
Am I a Good Candidate For Microblading?
Permanent makeup is NOT recommended for any clients who are or have:
Nursing (we prefer a doctor's note)
Viral Infections and/or diseases
A Pacemaker or major heart problems
Had an Organ transplant
Tendency towards keloids
Skin irritations or Psoriasis near the treated area (rashes, sunburn, acne, etc.)
Sick (cold, flu etc.)
Had botox in the past 2 weeks - prior or after
Have upcoming vacations or special occasions planned shortly after
Used Accutane (oral acne medication) in the past year
Allergic to anesthetic (Lidocaine) or nickel
Blood thinner medications must be stopped a week prior to the procedure
What Is Microblading?
Microblading is a semi-permanent form of tattooing. It is done with a pulling or swiping motion of a manual pen and set of very fine needles, implanting pigment under the epidermis of the skin.
The result of microblading is extremely realistic hair-strokes. The hair-strokes are fine, crisp, with extraordinary definitions and dimension. There is no pigment spilling under the skin.
This method is ideal for anyone wanting to enhance the look of their eyebrows. The results are natural looking hair-strokes, regardless of the amount of hair present. People suffering from alopecia, trichotillomania, or any condition that causes hair loss benefit greatly from microblading, as well as people who simply aren't happy with their eyebrows.
The pigments used in this method have been formulated to match the client's original eyebrow color, and if the eyebrows are still present, blend perfectly into them. The results are a natural, flawless, fuller looking brow. Initially, the brows appear dark, but fade significantly over a two week period. It is absolutely critical to have a touch up done after 30 days, as it is difficult to predict how well the skin will retain the pigment. We call this the "Perfecting Session" where you can adjust the color and/or shape and add more strokes to complete the look.
The results can last anywhere from one to three years, depending on different factors affecting the procedure. However, a touch up once a year is recommended to retain the shape and saturation of pigment.
In preparation for your Microblading appointment
4 Weeks Before Your Appointment
2 Weeks Before Your Appointment
• Do not use skincare products containing Glycolic, Salicylic, or Retinol close to the eyebrow area 2 weeks prior and 2 weeks after your procedure
• No Botox around the brow area 2 weeks prior
1 Week Before Your Appointment
• Avoid brow waxing, tinting, microdermabrasion or chemical peels
• Avoid sun and tanning one week prior to your procedure
24 Hours Before Your Appointment
• Do not work out 24 hours before your procedure
• No alcohol or caffeine 24 hours before your procedure
• Do not take Aspirin, Niacin, Vitamin E or Advil/Ibuprofen 24 hours before procedure
Booking your Session
• A Microblading Consultation is HIGHLY recommended recommended for guests who are undecided about going forward with their service Microblading/Shading service. During this time your expert Permanent Makeup Artist will answer any questions/concerns you may have. You will decide on a personalized plan for you, and what works best for your brows and lifestyle. Your brow expert will map out your brows for you to give you the best idea of what your treatment will look like. If you have previously had your eyebrows microbladed or tattooed, a consultation is required. A $30 non-refundable fee is required will be applied to your Microblading/Microshading service if booked after your consultation.
• A $30 patch test is recommended for those who are allergy-prone.
• It's important not to schedule your appointment around any big social events or vacations. Your brows will be initially darker for the first week and you will need to keep them dry for 7-10 days. Sun exposure will DRASTICALLY alter the pigment.
• And so the waiting begins! Soon enough you will have the brows of your dreams!!!
It is ESSENTIAL that you follow these instructions after your Microblading session
DAY ONE (Day of Treatment)
Aquaphor is to be applied to your brows immediately after service is complete. The ointment is available in the skin care section of any drug store. Apply the post-care ointment with a cotton swab, with no aggressive movement, friction or manipulation of the skin. Wash your hands with disinfectant soap before applying the post-care cream.
You must apply the post-care ointment on your eyebrows several times a day with a minimum of of at least two times daily. Apply the post-care ointment with a cotton swab, and use no aggressive movement, friction, or manipulation of the skin. Make sure your hands are completely clean before caring for your eyebrows.
The following must be avoided ALL NINE DAYS post-Microblading procedure:
• Increased sweating
• Practicing sports
• Hot sauna, hot bath or Jacuzzi
• Sun tanning or salon tanning
• Any laser or chemical treatments, peeling, creams containing Retin-A and Glycolic Acid on the face or neck
• Picking, peeling, scratching or rubbing of the mico pigmented area. This is to avoid scarring of the area or removal of the pigment
• Performing tasks related to heavy household cleaning such as a garage or basement cleaning where there could be potential for a lot of airborne debris
• Spicy foods
• Drinking alcohol in excess, as it may lead to slow healing
• Driving in open air vehicles such as convertibles, boats, bicycles and motorcycles
• Touching of the eyebrow area except for when rinsing and applying the post-care ointment with a cotton swab
• Before showering apply a layer of the post-care ointment to protect your eyebrows from moisture. During the shower keep your face away from the showerhead.
About Licensed Permanent Makeup Artist J.C.
Meet the beauty behind the brows: J.C!
After previously working for a plastic surgeon, she was inspired by seeing how their patients were able to match how they how they felt on the inside to their physical appearance, and she knew she wanted to help bring that same, rewarding feeling to her guests through Permanent Cosmetics.
Her passion for helping others is also leading her to using her talents for amazing causes. She will soon be expanding her her current Permanent Cosmetic offerings, including tattoo removal services to help survivors of human trafficking who have been marked, and 3D areola tattooing to help those who have lost theirs feel whole again.
Outside of her career, she enjoys spending time with her children who are the light of her life, as well as her 4 year old mutt named Frankie who’s really an old man in disguise. She loves to cook and try new foods often. For movies or shows she enjoys a good murder mystery and documentaries. She has also been able to get back into some free reading lately which has been amazing!
Follow J.C. on Instagram @definedinkandskin